MARTIAL ARTS TESTING
As you progress through the curriculum you will be tested on your newly acquired martial arts skills and knowledge. You will be required to demonstrate each rank requirement as listed below. You are reviewed and tested on your own ability to successfully complete the requirements. Where you see a partner exercise you need only to explain and demonstrate the defensive moves (no partner required).
For each of the ranks below you must demonstrate: with speed, power and control.
When performing for your final presentation follow the below format.
- Explain the rank number, color, and meaning.
- Explain and demonstrate the stances.
- Explain and demonstrate the moves.
- Explain and demonstrate the application of the moves.
- Demonstrate the required poomse (form).
- Explain and demonstrate the kicks.
- Explain and demonstrate the drills.
- Explain and demonstrate the 1 steps.
- Explain and demonstrate the self defense moves.
- Complete the written test.
International certification tests are available for each tae kwon do GUP (9th – Black Belt. An optional pre-test prepared by our masters to help you pass your certification test is available.