9TH GUP COURSE CONTENT
Yellow belt Represents the warmth of the winter’s sun that melts the winter snow.
In yellow belt training you will learn…
- How to bow and why we do it
- Stances: ready stance, horse, walking stance
- Sense of body control
- Moves: how to make a fist- punch (push/pull), high block, middle/inside block, low block, and proper applications of each block.
- Basics (4 way block and punch)
- Front ups (stretch), front snap kick, front thrust kick, side up (stretch), side kick, side thrust (over a chair or bed)… stress the importance of the support leg turn
- Drills: step punch. Step kick
- Self Defense: basic stance (hands up “hey I don’t want trouble”…) (optional)
- (one steps – ABC’s) basic awareness of surroundings (the gen rule of defense)