Abigail (Abby) has been training for more than a decade. She got her first glimpse of Martial Arts in 2008 while watching DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda at eight years old, and the moment that she saw Po and the Furious Five, she was sure it was something she wanted to do.
She soon began training through the United States Chung Do Kwan Association (USCDKA) in the early summer of 2011 at age ten and became a member of Martial Arts University a couple of years later. In the period between 2011 to now, Abby has achieved her 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and her current rank, 4th Dan Master Instructor and has been teaching for seven years, along with conducting the full class independently for 3 years (as of 2021).
At the age of twenty-one, her accomplishments include the following:
- Graduated high school in May of 2018 with honors, receiving a gold cord
- Graduated from Victory College in Tulsa, Oklahoma and received her Diploma in Ministry with a 3.83 GPA and was on the Dean’s List.
- Studying at the Christian Writers Institute (CWI) and Author Media. And in this, equipping herself for the pursuit of her calling to be an author.
- Was accepted at Regent University to begin her studies for her Bachelors of Arts in Communications.
- Positioned as the World Missions Director at her church, Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church of God (2019 to present).
To her, generally, it’s mostly for the children, but she always makes sure to do the same with adults. If you’ve ever talked with Abby, you’ll know that she is loyally devoted to her beliefs and that Martial Arts is her God-given passion (and as a close tie, hers for children as well). She believes there is something so sublime about the uniqueness and innocence of each child. And she sees their limitations as triumphs.
She cannot wait to see what the future has and how it all unfolds for the rest of her Martial Arts career. Her biggest hope is that as time goes by, her students will grow and mature to be self-disciplined adults with true integrity that stand for what’s right, show respect, and model character. When this has happened, Abby will know she has truly made her mark.