Eric Sears, as a student under Martial Arts University, has instruction under plentiful instructors with immense knowledge, all while attending as many classes as he possibly can, and competing at different scale tournaments. He has a hobby of drawing, painting, and watching martial arts tv shows.
He is also in advanced classes in school. Eric is an honor roll sophomore at Haslett high school. He started his martial arts career under Grandmaster candidate Richard E. McDowell in the eighth grade.
Here are some of Eric’s accomplishments:
- 2 years in martial arts.
- 2ndDan black belt in US Chung Do Kwan, under GMc McDowell, 7th dan.
- Instructor under martial arts university under GMc McDowell, 7th dan.
- Black belt candidate, in synergy martial arts, under Master Chad Ostrander.
- Black-brown belt candidate, in Shorin Ryu Shidokan Karate-Do, under Seikichi Iha, Hanshi 10th dan, Beikoku Shidokan Director.
- A three-time National Champion, in the 2019 USCDKA National Championship.
- A three-time Great Lakes states regional champion, in the 2019 USCDKA Great Lakes States Regional tournament.
- The first and only person in the university to pass for 3 ranks in one test.
Eric trains every day while hoping to share what he learns and to succeed in his mastery of self. Martial arts has also helped him develop discipline, manners, humility, compassion, followed by a good strong will. Eric lives with his mother, father, sister, and his lovable pets.