As certified Master Instructor, Chad has 25 years of martial arts experience. while holding numerous certifications in self defense for knife, ground and combat tactics.
A seasoned police Sergeant with 16 years of experience, Chad as been witness to the victims of senseless violence and he’s seen how it impacts their lives. Chad teaches the martial arts to show people not only how to avoid dangers situations, but what to do to protect your self and your loved ones.
Chad began to study the martial arts under Chief Master McDowell when he was a child. As a child, Chad was amazed at what the martial artists could do. He realized very quickly that was more to martial arts than just high kicks and loud shouts. It was a way to develop his self confidence and focus. His increased focus and concentration to the tasks at hand helped Chad to succeed in his classes in high school and college.
Chad teaches martial arts because of all of the benefits it has brought to him over the years and he feels compelled to share those benefits with his students. Those benefits he teaches his students are self confidence, patience, and leadership skills. Chad firmly believes that teaching is an art and one that all higher ranks should do, because through teaching, a martial artist learns and grows. Chad had always felt that he was a teacher at heart.
I want my students to walk away after class with a sense that they are developing the life skills necessary to succeed in life. I want them to “see” more of the world through what they learned that session.
Master Chad is married with two daughters.
Below are a few of Master Ostrander’s accomplishments:
- 25 Years in Martial Arts
- 4th degree master instructor chung do kwan under chief master McDowell 7th Dan
- 1st degree black belt Shorin-Ryu under Seikichi Iha, Hanshi 9th dan Beikoku Shido-kan
- Instructor of Krav Maga under Krav Maga International
- Instructor of Knife Combat under PPCT Systems
- Instructor of Ground Tactics under PPCT Systems
- 16 Year Police officer, currently Sergeant
- Combat Tactics Instructor, City of Bloomfield Hills
- Driving Tactics Instructor, MSP Certified, City of Bloomfield Hills
Master Chad is looking forward to sharing his knowledge to make you the best black belt you can be.